Monday, January 14

The Year in Review: 2012

Happy New Year, friends!! 

I almost didn't write this post.  It was too difficult to remember what we did last year.  When we were living in Luxembourg our year was marked by various trips - Rome, Paris, Morocco!!  Back here in The States our life looks veeerrry different.  But, when I actually sat down and thought the year through I came up with enough to fill a year and make a post.  Riding on camels?  Throwing coins in the Trevi fountain?  No.  But we had some neat experiences. Actually, 2012 was a great year! 


Skiing on Saturdays, snowpocolypse in Seattle and making macarons.


Worldly dinner with friends.  We shared tapas from Spain.

Annual Quilt Club retreat.  I was a work horse.  Bettas, Josie and Cutie, join our family.  They are still alive, btw, much to my surprise.

Bagels and Lox

Themed dinner with friends, this time from The States.  We shared some bites from New York.


My little niecelette, Ruby, was born.  I went to Hawaii to see her and help my sister.  Bryce and I took a weekend trip to Portlandia.


Trip to Luxembourg to visit friends.  A week in Portugal to relax at the beach. A day in Amsterdam and a tour of the Anne Frank House.


Family hike at Mt. Rainier National Park.  Lots of Pinterest recipe testing and a baby shower for a dear friend. 


Back to school for the girls - 1st and 3rd grades.  And for me!  I started a 5 credit class at the local community college to reinstate my teaching certificate.  Someone is ready to re-join the work force.  I'll have my teaching certificate reinstated by the end of spring quarter, 15 credits later.

Somehow Eva convinced us to have a Halloween party.  We did.  This was really the culmination of 2 months of thinking/talking/preparing for Halloween. 


We host Thanksgiving.  I turn the big 4-0.  Or 21 as it is known to my kids.  We cut down our Christmas tree at my in-laws. 

Bryce and I host a huge 40th birthday party.  I vow never to drink red wine again.  My mom spends Christmas with us.  We take a weekend trip to Pacific Beach after the holidays.


likeschocolate said...

See 2012 was fantastic! Wishing you an amazing 2013!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great year! Wow, going back to work, huh? That's exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...