Tuesday, April 24

Pinterest Challenge


So we all love pinning things, yes?  But how many of us actually make or do any of our pins?  That's what I thought.  I do think there is benefit in simply pinning - it can set off a creative spark, provide an escape or form of relaxation or help you define parts of yourself.  However, I think most of us pin with the intention of actually using our pins.  Right?

To gently push us to go beyond simply pinning I thought a little challenge among friends  was in order.

Here is the challenge:

Pick 2 things from your Pinterest Boards to make or do this week.  Try that organizational system you pinned or polish your nails with that great color you saw.   Pick 2 simple things, make it easy on yourself.  This is not a Pinterest boot camp.  This is a gentle encouragement to move on something that interests you.

I'm going to cook 2 recipes from my Savory Board - Grilled Asparagus (my fav veggie)  and Chicken Kale Casserole.  I'm definitely in a dinner funk where everything feels old and boring and yucky.  Perhaps a few new recipes will lighten my cooking mood.  It is worth a try.

Join in!

If you have a blog link up below.  If not, leave a comment and tell us what 2 things you are going to try.  Give us a link to your Pinterest Boards.  If you're a friend on Facebook, leave a comment there. 



We'll share our results next Wednesday with another chance to link-up.  Yay.
Good luck!

7 comments:

Emily Malate said...

I wish you would've had this challenge last week! I made two things - Strawberry Shortcake cookies and zucchini muffins! I was going to attempt the quinoa chili last night but ran out of time. ;)

Lisa said...

LOVE IT!!! I am so in, but will need constant reminders and nagging:-) Luckily staff appreciation is coming up so I may use that as my inspiration this week.

Leah said...

I'll second Emily's comment - I did this last week - The Baked Brownie - WOW! and a goat cheese and roasted red pepper pasta - also yum! I'll look at some of my craft or sewing items and see if there are any to do - or maybe some new hairstyles, or drinks, or... :o)

Monkey's Mama said...

Fun! I've been toying with the idea of hosting a "pinterest party" where you bring some of your pinterest pins and get started DOING them. Of course I thought of that months ago and haven't done it yet :)

This Girl loves to Talk said...

I actually pin few things because of this... one of my friends on my boards pins a bazillion things - alot just eye candy and I think that it is really depressing ... pinning instead of doing I started to think.... but even though I only pin simple basic things (so I can do it) I have done a few things from my pinterest esp over easter..

Emily Malate said...

Unexpectedly I completed this challenge this week! I made healthy blonde brownies (it's made with garbanzo beans). Tasted good - my son loved the batter, which was egg free. I didn't cook it long enough though so it was too gooey, we ended up throwing it out. And yes, my sweet sis, this recipe has peanutbutter in it!
Second recipe was the feta. lemon, asparagus. I used the foreman grill and substituted with lemon pepper since I didn't have a lemon, but it still turned out yummy. I usually do parmesan with asparagus, but I liked the feta.

Monkey's Mama said...

Can you post a link to the healthy blonde brownies Emily?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...